Thursday, November 03, 2011

A Tribute to My Mom

God Knew I Needed Her

When God created my mother
He must have spent some extra time,
Knowing she would grow up without
A mother to guide her in womanly ways.

He must have placed great compassion
Within her tender heart knowing
Her family would need special care,
Especially preparing her for a child like me.

God must have heaped her full
Of patience so she would be able
To cope with the many difficulties
That have beset her later years.

He must have made her particularly
Strong so her heart would not break
With the hardship of losing many of
Those who were dearest to her.

God must have prepared her
With great goodness, kindness, and
Love to be the one person who
I can always depend upon.

He must have known being
My mother would be a trial,
And so blessed her with the
Ability to be the very best.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, November 2, 2011

No comments: