Monday, October 21, 2013

I Am Still Here, Are You?

Things have been interesting, but I am sure you know that within your own life. Tonight I wrote a journal entry and thought I would share it with you all.

Journal 10-21-20130001

As I said I have been writing poetry…

Another Blessed Day

The sun has risen...
It is just another day...
Another day that
I am alive and able
To give my own smile away.

There is happiness
To share with those encountered
Along life's bright way...
There is goodness in moments
That make up another day.

God travels with me
As I walk the paths given
Through another day...
I must share His love freely
With each one who comes my way.

Friends, family, and
Even strangers cross my path
All without knowing...
How much they really mean to
Me on this another day.

The sun has risen...
It is just another day...
Another day that
I am alive and able
To give my own smile away.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan

Friday, August 16, 2013

DSC_0089

Today has been a reasonably good day. I hope yours was enjoyable. Now take a few moments to engage your mind in creative tasks. You are definitely able to achieve anything you desire if you put your heart into the task. No one can keep you from making things happen unless you allow them.

I am grateful:

1)   I was able to go out for a pleasant time last evening.
2)   When people want information they often rely on me.
3)   Writing is something that comes naturally to me.
4)   God gifted me with an abundance of creativity.
5)   Even though I am growing older, I still enjoy the simple pleasure of reading.

As a prompt, write about something that made this day a gift to you. Recognize the blessing granted you and write a poem, story, journal entry, or simple note that celebrates the uniqueness of this day. I have no doubt you can create something wonderful.

I am very grateful you took the time to read this blog entry. You might find you enjoy browsing the archives and might also want to subscribe to the blog by entering your email address in the space provided above.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: