Monday, November 04, 2013

PAD Challenge Day 3: My poem

The prompt was to write a “the last time I was here” poem. I am not absolutely positive I did it right, but I hope you will like my offering anyway…

Traveling Backward

Looking over these waves
Softly, slowly lapping shore
I do remember
Moments of childhood splendor
Spent dreaming in sunshine here.

I conquered such waves
Shimmering over surface
On my narrow skis,
No one knows the songs I sang
To God, earth, water, and sky.

Now I have nothing
But memory to link me
To those magic times,
I come again a stranger
Not visiting for so long.

The water calls me,
Makes me want to leave safety
Far behind my back,
Dive deep and grab hold a rope,
But my boat, drivers, are gone.

I linger land locked,
Wishing I could retrace paths
That are no longer
Left open for one such as
I have now fully become.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, November 3, 2013

No comments: