Monday, January 20, 2014

Life Lessons Learned

If I could change it
I am not quite sure I would
For from the deep pain
Has come more compassion than
I otherwise would have known.

I have seen the dark
Inside the very heart of
Intense happiness,
And I have lived the death of
The sweetest most precious gift.

Losing your children
Without watching them grow strong
Or even later
Is an agony beyond
All human capacity.

What more pain it must
Be for all-knowing, all-loving
God to contemplate
The loss of those who shun the
Mercy freely given them.

We are not able
To comprehend suffering
Deeper than our loss,
But Christ died, in agony,
That we might gain eternity.

One day, I will hold
The hands of those now missing
And experience
The joy of glad reunion
Because Jesus loves even me.

© Jo Ann J. A. Jordan

Monday, January 20, 2014

No comments: