Tuesday, January 07, 2014

My Recent Accomplishments and Encouragement For Others

So I was told you cannot start losing weight in December... It simply will not work!

I began a fitness routine on December 6th, the day after I got my Samsung Galaxy Gear, which happens to have a pedometer. I also started charting my calories and activity on the MyFitnessPal app for Android.

The MyFitnessPal app recommended a goal of 1390 calories per day in order to lose five pounds in a month... The pedometer suggested a goal of 10,000 steps per day...

I have walked 179.6 miles in the 31 days and have been under calorie goal all except two days. I started out weighing 200 pounds and now weigh 183.8 pounds. I was wearing 2X shirts and size 18 pants, I now wear XL and L shirts and size 14 pants.

I was drinking eight to twelve diet sodas per day, yesterday I had one. I had been staying up all night frequently and sleeping into the afternoons, for the past two weeks I have not stayed up all night (although I am seriously considering it tonight) and have gotten up in the AM every day.

If I can do all this, I seriously believe anyone can accomplish their goals. Do not let the naysayers prevent you from doing something to better your life. Begin it and let positive momentum carry you to your dream come true.

I have a novel to finish this year and a long way to my weight goal... The thing is becoming more fit even if I don't meet the weight. Won't you join me on my adventure? I have faith that you can do and be all of which you dream. 2014 could be the year to make it all happen!

Please don't take the above to be bragging... I have no room to do so, but I hope by presenting these facts to encourage someone, maybe only one to take positive steps to improve their situation. I have so far to go, but I have begun...

Always,
Jo Ann J. A. Jordan

No comments: