Sunday, July 29, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 202

I wrote a poem instead of a journal entry… I hope no one will mind. Sometimes poems are easier than writing longer discourse.

Journal 7-29-20120001

The following poem was prompted by The Sunday Whirl. The words taken from there are in italics. You may notice I used them all twice, a bit of a departure from my regular practice.

Sublime Motivation

Life is like a ball
In a frenzy falling through
A strange channel made
With sublime attention to
All the rough ready details.

Our paths are guided
In much the same way, robust
We settle in to
Avoid the wayward attack
Made by ordinary hours.

We live with frenzy
Until the sublime moment
When we overcome
The strange outer pull upon
Our own inner way of life.

We suddenly come
To fathom we are falling
In love with the rough
Adventure offered us by
Our wayward aspirations.

We channel all our
Resources to then attack
The robust ball of
Rebellious circumstances
And settle it to our will.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, July 29, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0300

DSC_0302

DSC_0303

I am grateful:

1.   Laura called today.
2.   Mom cooked eggs, bacon, and toast for my supper.
3.   Though I was not inspired with a journal entry, I wrote a passable poem.
4.   Writing is an end, and does not have to be perfect.
5.   Life is full of happy moments.

I hope your Sunday has been relaxing. If you have not already done it today, please do something creative now. Surely you can create, if only you try.

My prompt for you today is: You cannot buy love… Write a poem, story, journal entry, or whatever suits you. You can argue with my prompt or give your support. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I hope you did not mind my giving two poems. I did not have the energy to write a journal entry today. If you have something to share please leave me a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: