Thursday, June 02, 2011

Thankful Thursday–June 2, 2011

I am thankful:

1.   Air conditioning keeps the house livable in the scorching heat.
2.   Two of the books I had ordered from Borders.com arrived. I am not sure I am keeping them because they were mutilated in shipping, but at least they finally came. I am a stickler for perfect books.
3.   We are staying home today.
4.   I am cooking sirloin steaks with broccoli rice au gratin and sweet peas with pearl onions and mushrooms for supper. We will have lemon meringue pie for dessert.
5.   I remembered to remove my bookmarks when I had to return some books that were on hold at the library.
6.   Penny felt feisty enough to bark at Ko-Ko earlier today. Penny is a thirteen year old Shih Tzu and Ko-Ko is an irritating two year old of the same breed.
7.   There have been no thunderstorms for a week or more. However, I wish God would see fit to send us some good soaking rains. The plants are suffering.
8.   I have decided to put off purchasing a new computer for some time. I may attempt upgrading this laptop to Windows 7, since I have the disk and everything.
9.   I am not in quite so black a mood.
10.  Writing out thankful lists seems to make me feel somewhat better.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: