Sunday, June 09, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 151

Journal entry:

Journal 6-8-20130001DSC_0098

This poem is in answer to the prompt at Our Lost Jungle, but it also just happens to coincide with what I did this evening…

Bravery, Behind A Lens

It takes courage to
Go out alone not knowing
If friends will be there,
Events are not quite my thing
But I took my camera…

I could stand behind
That little window into
The world without fear,
Because after all people
Always smile in photographs.

A few years ago,
I could not have attended
A function where I
Was very likely going
To be a stranger to most.

I am gaining some
Courage as time travels by,
I have learned to smile
And hide my fears underneath
A veneer of confidence.

When I am taking
Pictures, I have a purpose
To keep me busy
So others do not notice
My total uneasiness.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, June 8, 2013

DSC_0099

I am grateful:

1.   I took a nap today.
2.   I had a nice outfit to wear.
3.   I decided to go to the Pebblebrook High School Spring Fling.
4.   Mom felt like being alone while I was gone.
5.   I took my Nikon D5100 and tablet.

DSC_0100

My Saturday was quite delightful, though I was quite nervous going out. I hope your day was full of pleasant surprises. Now, I urge you to put your creativity into action and make something to share with the world. You are definitely gifted with all the talent you need to produce art. People are awaiting your vision.

As a prompt, write about something you have overcome. Your example might encourage someone else to be courageous. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for spending some of your precious time reading my blog. I hope you will visit often, but you might also want to subscribe to Chronicles by leaving your email address in the space provided above. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: