Saturday, March 26, 2005

Creative Journal 11

Write down your goals…
Know what is really important to you
.

Goals, never been good at stating those because whenever I make one I seem to fall way short, so I rarely make them.

I guess right now my main goal is to be an instrument of love in the world. This means that I attempt to show compassion and consideration for all beings I meet and those for which I can pray. It means that I can respect everyone even if I disagree with or dislike them. I ask God to fill me with his love daily and to teach me where I can bring love to light.

It is my goal to journal every day. This does not mean that I will always write a lot, but that I will at least make an effort to confer with my writerly self once per day. (Spell check says writerly is not a word; I say it ought to be)

A long-term goal of mine has been to raise Alex to be an upstanding individual. I think this is being realized. It will not be long before he will be out in the world on his own. Other than burying myself in debt, I think I have performed well on this… the debt I will somehow deal with.

A goal I would like to meet is doing something creative daily. I am trying to do this now but sometimes I would honestly rather read than do the work. Creation is work, even though some people think it all play.

I would like to find a way to make some income. This would bring lots of blessing into my life. Just having some discretional cash without going deeper into debt would be awesome. I wish I could somehow help others and at the same time make money.

I have made very wordy statements for someone who does not think in terms of goals.

Smiles,
Jo Ann

No comments: