Friday, March 18, 2005

Creative Journal Entry

What gives you pleasure?
Do it today… You deserve happiness.

I find pleasure in most aspects of my life. I enjoy reading that stimulates my mind. I try to perform some creative act daily. This may involve writing, painting, drawing, or a combination of the three. Sometimes just thinking about what I wish to accomplish in my life is a creative act.

Listening to music also brings me joy, as does singing. I find I do not take the time for these activities as often as I could. I could add music to much of the time when I am reading, writing, or practicing artistic work.

When it is neat and well-organized, spending time in my room is very comforting. My room is a refuge from the world set up with my particular temperament. There are many pieces of varied art in my room, ranging from stuffed animals to decorative mugs. These things inspire and cheer my heart.

I enjoy using my computer as a tool and as a plaything. Sitting down with it for a few minutes can lift or calm my mood. It is a great pleasure to complete some work or art with this lovely machine.

Interaction with Alex is usually hugely pleasurable. I make an effort to add some special time with him daily. I know the time I have with him is growing shorter and I try to fully enjoy every moment.

Spending time with Penny is soothing. She is such a sweet spirit and so loving toward me. Her beauty is much more than surface deep.

Shopping is fun… but it has become somewhat a liability so that I cannot simply spend without guilt. When I can stay home and enjoy what I have without craving what I do not possess it is better for me.

Working in a journal is a happy way to pass time. I find that it helps me understand my relationships with others and other aspects of my life, and myself. There is a definite reward in writing out thoughts each day.

This new journal I am calling My Creative Journal or Just Journal For Fun. I am basing it on the prompts that I created in February of 2000. I started working with those prompts in a blank book, but think that at this time working on the computer is more what I wish to do. It is good that I have the choice of how to proceed. There have been times when my only option was to work with pen and paper. Though I love ink pens and blank books working on the computer brings another aspect to the endeavor.


Five things for which I am grateful today:

1. Making the decision to begin this new journal
2. Having my computer to do my work
3. A washer in which to wash our clothes
4. Electricity
5. Hot showers

Smiles,
Jo Ann

No comments: