Saturday, March 19, 2005

Creative Journal Entry 3

Believe in yourself. If you fail to do this,
no one else will believe in you.

Sometimes I fail miserably at doing this. I have not at those times the strength to believe in anything about me. I do not recognize myself as worthy of the least faith and respect, but this is mostly a temporary feeling. I know deep down that I can accomplish much if I only try.

If I am not for myself, probably others will not be for me. It is hard to believe in myself intimately knowing my limitations and failures, but these things are not me. I am not defined by the negative moments. I am greater than the fleeting doubt. I have many abilities and talents and can use those to touch the world.

When I complete some work of art or piece of writing, it boosts my self-confidence. I feel powerful and creatively alive. At that moment, I feel that I can do anything. If only I could sustain the feeling longer, I might begin to believe in myself constantly.

If others do not believe in me that is a problem, but if I fail to believe in myself that is a disaster. Without believing, I flounder in feelings of inadequacy, incompetence, and insecurity. There is little I can do when beset by such negativity. Even my best-laid plans go awry when I am in such a personal space.

I must strive to believe in myself more consistently. If I do this, the world will seem a kinder place to me because it will reflect back positively to me. People will trust me because I am trustworthy. These changes will allow me to develop into a stronger person. I will enjoy my life more fully because I know I measure up.


Smiles,
Jo Ann

No comments: