Tuesday, December 04, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 330

Journal entry:

Journal 12-4-20120001

This poem comes from several recent experiences, two happening only today…

Communication
Breakdown

Tell me why
All the people
I must talk to
On the phone
When doing
Business are
Difficult to
Understand.
It is like the
Phone support
All came from
Other countries
Where English
Is barely spoken
And completely
Misunderstood.
I feel as if I am
A stranger in a
Foreign land
When I pick up
The phone to get
Some assistance
And these are
Real American
Companies with
Whom I deal.
Maybe that is
Why the whole
Economy is in
A dreadful mess,
No one with a
Good command
Of language is
Working in the
Support of our
Industries.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0069

DSC_0071

DSC_0072

I am grateful:

1.   I got a little sleep between 6:00 and 10:00 this morning.
2.   Alex woke me and I was happy to be up.
3.   I got a wonderful hug from my son.
4.   Alex did yard work and made things look much better.
5.   My mentor, Richard, called and we had a great conversation.

Today was a very good Tuesday for me. It is not often I get to spend time with my son. I hope your day was also pleasant. To make it even better dedicate some time to exercising your creativity. I always find there is more in my mind than I thought when I face the blank page and you may find it so as well. Do not sell yourself short, you can make something wonderful.

As a prompt, write about your experience with the telephone. I could tell horror tales about cell phones, but I will spare you. What is your pet peeve about phones, or can you not live without their presence? Tell us about it. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. If you would like future updates there is a link to subscribe to Chronicles above. I am so anxious to read your thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: