Thursday, April 25, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 107

Journal entry:

Journal 4-25-20130001

DSC_0448

I do not usually use a lot of rhyme, but I tried to fulfill the prompts at NaPoWriMo and Poetic Asides. One of those was to write a ballad. I tried…

Everyone Wants Competence

Almost every day I find it
Lacking in those on whom
I am forced to depend for it,
So I must face my doom.

Yes, everyone wants competence,
Least to most important,
Really it would make much more sense
To be less discordant.

People just do not seem to care
About doing things well,
So some of us are left to swear
And finally to yell.

You have to be ever watchful,
Keeping wits about you
Because many are not thoughtful,
The competent seem few.

Make yourself an honest effort
To do your very best
So that yours is a good report
Despite that of the rest.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, April 25, 2013

DSC_0484

I am grateful:

1.   I had pleasant dreams.
2.   I was able to get an appointment for Mom tomorrow.
3.   I checked the delivery status on our package this afternoon.
4.   I posted on Facebook about the lost package.
5.   A friend suggested checking with neighbors, I did, and found the package.

DSC_0505

This Thursday eventually worked out well. I hope your day was a good one. Take time to create something you can share with others. What you do may have a major impact on someone’s life. You may never know what positive effect you have, but you will have enriched the world.

As a prompt, write a rhyming poem. This could be any sort of poem you choose, but just use rhyme. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you enjoyed your visit and that you will return often. You might also want to enter your email address in the space above and subscribe to Chronicles. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: