Monday, April 15, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 96

I wrote a beginning, not a great one, but the idea holds some promise. Maybe I will come back to it sometime, but most probably not:

Journal 4-14-20130001

DSC_0805

This poem was brought to you by the prompts at NaPoWriMo and Poetic Asides. Granted the super-hero is implied and it is not a regular sonnet, but I think it may work in a sideways sort of way. If you care to try your luck with the prompts, visit those sites…

Super-Woman

Your common hello
Does not thrill others like his
Deep throaty bellow,
They could most certainly miss
Your much more subtle approach
Making statements clear
Marking you as very dear
With no real encroach.

Political overtones
Drip from his lips like kisses
Lavished on babies
Which he imagines atones
For boos and hisses
From the violent maybes.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, April 14, 2013

DSC_0809

I am grateful:

1.   I have an imagination.
2.   We have freedom to think as we like.
3.   I have a wonderful Mom.
4.   My back was marginally better today.
5.   I stayed home and got some extra rest.

DSC_0817

I have enjoyed a restful Sunday. I hope your day was also peaceful. If you can muster your inner resources now, I encourage you to work creatively. Use your wonderful imagination and make something delightful to share with the world. I have no doubt that you have the ability to do it, because if I can, so can anyone else.

As a prompt, write about a situation real or imagined of which you would not want your closest friend or family member to know of your involvement. Write a poem, story, or journal entry giving the details. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for taking time to read my blog. I hope your experience was enjoyable. Please come back often, but you might also want to enter your email address in the space above and subscribe to Chronicles. Your comments are welcome and help me ascertain if I am doing this right, so please leave one.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: