Friday, April 05, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 86

Today I wrote a bit of story, instead of journaling:

Journal 4-4-20130001

DSC_0145

I combined the prompts from NaPoWriMo and Poetic Asides to create my poem. If you need a little nudge to get your muse in action, please visit those sites.

Hold That Jaundiced Outlook

Don’t look at me with
Envious accusing eyes,
I have just as much
A right to express myself
As do you loftier ones.

You may still believe
Your advantages will buy
You a greater share
Of everyone’s attention,
But I own a voice as well.

Keep those unfair thoughts
Within your own shuttered minds,
Without spreading your
Bitterness throughout this our
Fair social environment.

My experience
Is worthy of chronicling
Just as is your own
With great creativity
And wild imagination.

Remember freedom
Belongs to each one of us
No matter our wealth,
We are fortunate people
Who can achieve all our dreams.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, April 4, 2013

DSC_0083

I am grateful:

1.   I got up in time to go to town today.
2.   The CHN&V magazines were available at the mall.
3.   I had my Droid and was able to call Mom at home.
4.   Wal-Mart still had Easter candy and I was able to get some at half price.
5.   It did not rain on me while I was out.

DSC_0022

My Thursday went quite well. I hope your day was pleasurable. If you are not too busy, I recommend you engage your creativity and make something you can share with others. It can be writing, photographs, crafts, art, or anything you can imagine. The point is to use the multitude of talent that lies within you.

As a prompt, write about an unexpected meeting with someone from your past. You might want to write a poem, story, or journal entry to explore the subject. It does not have to be someone you were romantically involved with. It could be a teacher, a friend, a classmate, a business associate, anyone really. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you will return often, but you might also want to enter your email in the space above and subscribe to Chronicles to receive future updates. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: