Sunday, April 28, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 110

Journal entry:

Journal 4-28-20130001

DSC_0634

The following poem is in answer to the prompt at Poetic Asides. I linked four shadormas together rather than only doing one… but that is just my typical mode of operation with short syllabic forms.

Shadormas…
With Apologies
To The Rolling Stones

Maybe he
Is not the lover
She dreams of,
But he is
The one who is convenient
To share this moment.

Maybe she
Is not as pretty
As he would
Like for her
Quite assuredly to be,
But she meets his needs.

They are not
Completely happy
Because they
Have not met
Each other’s expectations,
But they are content.

You cannot
Always get what you
Want, but do
Sometimes get
Exactly what it is you
Actually need.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, April 28, 2013

DSC_0892

I am grateful:

1.   I was already coming out of sleep when Jeremy called and got me up today.
2.   I was able to fix lunch for Mom because she was in too much pain to do it herself.
3.   The thunderstorms did not do damage to our house.
4.   Power remained on despite nearby lightning strikes.
5.   Hope finally settled down, after being terrified by the thunder.

DSC_0721

It was a good Sunday for me, although I hate that Mom was still in pain. I hope your day went well. Take a few minutes to create now. There is no limit to the inventiveness of your imagination so put it to work. What you make might be exactly what someone needs to brighten their day, and it might also enrich yours.

As a prompt, write about meeting needs through imperfection. Your poem, story, or journal entry can be shared here by leaving a link to the work in the comments below.

Thank you for reading my blog. I hope you will return to visit often, but you might also want to subscribe to Chronicles by entering your email address in the space provided above. If you have any thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: