Friday, July 06, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 179

Journal entry:

Journal 7-6-20120001

The prompt for today’s poem comes from Carry On Tuesday. I am getting to this a bit late this week, but I have been otherwise inspired. I hope you will visit that site should you need a prompt.

I Listen To The Silence…

After midnight hours
The house is quiet, resting,
Retired from action,
I listen to the silence…
As you do also, alone.

The daylight demons
Of many harried moments
Find peace in darkness,
I can drift on soft currents
Of my sweet envisioned dreams.

I accomplish much
While the world is slumbering,
There is no racing
From one anxious notion to
Others, for struggle eases.

I communicate
With my innermost spirit
Finding harmony,
Tranquility, often in
The soothing ebony night.

All conflict ceases,
I listen to the silence…
As you do also,
I gather all my forces
To complete my deep desires.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, July 6, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0205

Mom painted this lemon plaque…

DSC_0206

Mom painted this pepper plaque…

DSC_0207

Mom painted this peach plaque…

I am thankful:

1.   I finally got up after the alarm had gone off for thirty minutes.
2.   We got the estimate on the air conditioner and it was not as bad as I expected.
3.   I reached Sam’s Club just in time to pick up Mom’s medicine before the pharmacy closed for lunch.
4.   We ate Whoppers for lunch.
5.   I finished reading The Age Of Miracles by Marianne Williamson.

If you are approaching or have reached midlife, I highly recommend you read The Age Of Miracles by Marianne Williamson. This is an inspiring book with much wisdom about later years.

I hope your Friday has been rewarding. Mine was very busy and I am now sitting with a fan blowing on me because I overheated again. I hope you will take my advice to heart and engage yourself in working creatively. You can do something wonderful if you work at it.

The prompt I have for you today is to write about your creative challenges. Tell us what keeps you from working and what you can do to overcome the blockage. Assert your ability to accomplish your aspirations. If you use this prompt please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I hope something here has touched you, if so, please tell me about it by leaving a comment. I appreciate your reading my blog.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: