Tuesday, July 24, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 197

Journal entry:

Journal 7-24-20120001

Today’s poem was inspired by the prompt at Carry On Tuesday. I suggest you go there and see what it brings to your mind. As usual, the poem was written before the journal entry, but they seem to relate… Funny how that works out, even when I don’t intend it.

Unfaltering Skill

Run when you can, it
Is the best that you can do,
Walk if you have to,
You can still make good progress
And achieve all of your goals.

Crawl if you must, it
Does not matter, long as you
Just never give up,
Because you have the talent
To ultimately succeed.

Creativity
Is planted within your soul,
It must be allowed
Ample nourishment to grow
Into great works of true art.

Devote resources
To make your aspirations
Solidly appear,
You were endowed with these gifts
For some wonderful purpose.

Run, walk, crawl, keep on
Without abandoning your
Full commitment to
The process you undertake
To accomplish all your dreams.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0285

DSC_0287

DSC_0286

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up early, and stayed up.
2.   There are people who, without really intending to, help me accomplish my creative goals.
3.   I am able to interact with the world through this wonderful thing called the internet.
4.   My Mom helped me have tools that have reinvigorated my creative life.
5.   God gives talent without requiring payment in return.

Tuesday has been a productive day for me and I hope it has been for you. I am always amazed by the things my imagination helps me create. I think you are just as gifted as I am, or more so, and that should you apply yourself, you can make something wonderful. I know inspiration does not always grace us, I was not inspired when I woke up. I made these things today through a concentrated effort. I would not be satisfied with doing nothing, and nor should you. The seeds of greatness reside within you, tend them, and they will assuredly grow.

I do not believe anyone is using my prompts, but they have become a part of this creative habit, so I submit one to you now. Write about how you overcome creative block, or if you are presently suffering, write about what that is like. Maybe you will help someone else work through a difficult time. Encouragement is beneficial to us all, and we are meant to support each other. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below so that others might be inspired.

I hope you have found something worthwhile in this blog. If you have thoughts or suggestions, please leave a comment. I am grateful for your patronage.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: