Sunday, July 22, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 195

Journal entry:

Journal 7-22-20120001

Today’s poem is in answer to the prompt at The Sunday Whirl. If you need a jolt of inspiration you might visit there. The words in italics came from the wordle there.

Bringing Cheer

Deep melancholy
Makes rosy cheeked faces pale
As one who powders
Her nose to cover over
A soft spray of stray freckles.

No erotic fling
Among the gold grasses can
Swing such a moody
One completely from sadness
Clinging like a woolen cloak.

Yet depression is
Overcome by true love’s birth,
If one can find it
Rare as it is in days like
These we are now living in.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, July 22, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0279

DSC_0281

DSC_0311

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up early this morning.
2.   I was able to talk to one of my new friends on the phone.
3.   My cousin, Steve, survived his heart attack and is now recovering.
4.   Hope has been my loyal companion for almost six years.
5.   I had the opportunity to talk to my daughter-in-law, Laura.

I hope your Sunday has been wonderful. Please take a little time to do something creative if you have not already done so today. You are so gifted, so talented, you should share your imagination with the world.

If you need a prompt, write about a special friend, family member, or pet who has meant a great deal in your life. If you use the prompt please leave a link to your work in the comments on this blog, so that others can read your creation.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit here. If there is any advice or comment you want to share, please leave your thoughts in the comment section below.

Always,
Jo Ann

 

No comments: