Friday, July 20, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 193

Journal entry:

Journal 7-20-20120001

Not Ordinary

Just another day,
An air conditioner to
Be brought and installed,
In an instant morning changed
Tragedy struck far away.

I saw first report,
Movie theater attacked,
Innocent people
Shot, injured, killed without thought,
Such useless waste of many.

The day continued,
We did what was needed to
Be done, but said prayers
For families, survivors,
Those suffering so greatly.

Our day was filled with
Many outstanding moments,
But a shadow lay
Over all happening here
Because of Aurora’s pain.

God be with all who
Need His wonderful comfort,
Our prayers keep going
Up for Heaven’s grace and peace
To fall upon our country.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Friday, July 20, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0272

DSC_0274

DSC_0276

I am grateful:

1.   I stayed up all night.
2.   Alex is out of the country.
3.   My family is safe today.
4.   We now have a new air conditioner.
5.   I am so blessed.

I hope you have had a good day, despite the tragedy that has unfolded. I urge you to take some time to do something creative. I know it may seem a bad time, but it will help you cope.

As a prompt, write a list of instructions to be included with all newborns. If you use the prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments.

I appreciate your taking time to read my blog. If you have something to share, please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: