Sunday, July 01, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 174

Journal entry:

Journal 7-1-20120001

The poem today was inspired by The Sunday Whirl. The words supplied are in italics. If you like, visit that site and make something of the words yourself.

Body Language

Snapshots hanging on
Thin walls which barely stand in
Place between us and
Other people who utter
Words through lips hardly moving.

We touch someone’s skin
Our gesture sent in an act
Of sweet compassion
Measured out completely free
Of our premeditation.

Our stories are told
In open eyes, gentle hands,
Bringing emotion
To the surface of our lives,
Spreading it among people.

We are determined
By our interaction with
Everyone we know
Whether lover, family,
Friend, or even hated foe.

Our bodies know truth
Without our mind’s intention
Shouting our meaning
Loudly and clearly before
All the world surrounding us.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, July 1, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0143

DSC_0147

DSC_0180

DSC_0182

I am grateful:

1.   I received an email from Alex this morning.
2.   I talked to Laura a few minutes.
3.   Life has its rewards.
4.   I get to spend time with my Mom.
5.   I have my dog, Hope, sharing my life.

I hope your Sunday has been peaceful and relaxing. Now it is time for you to spend some time creating. You are uniquely gifted to make something that will contribute to our world. You are special and your talents give you the ability to do something that adds value to your life.

If you need a prompt today, write about one thing you are looking forward to in the coming week. You can write a poem, journal entry, story, or paint a picture. Just capture your longing and your hope. Tell us your fondest expectation. If you use the prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments on this blog so others can see your creation.

I hope you found something enjoyable in this blog entry. I would love to share your thoughts, so please leave a comment. Thank you so much for visiting this blog and sharing your time with me.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: