Sunday, July 15, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 188

Journal entry:

Journal 7-15-20120001

Today’s poem was prompted by The Sunday Whirl. I altered a few words this time, but the ones from the prompt are in italics. If you are up for a challenge visit that site and try to make something of the wordle.

Going Forward

The gravity of
Your humility triggers
A chain reaction
Threatening to crack straight through
The grittle of daily life.

You fully refrain
From casting the flickering
Spray of your prideful
Swells planted in youthful days,
But claim peace with great relish.

Passing into age
You go with wonderful grace
Toward tomorrow
Knowing the days may be short,
Yet spending each very well.

I share the honor
Of being a companion
In your courageous
Journey to exceed all your
Previous expectations.

I celebrate you,
Because you have now become
A true example
Of living happily with
Contrary circumstances.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, July 15, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0239

Golf course…

DSC_0240

Greenway…

DSC_0243

Pool…

I am grateful:

1.   My best friend, Reba, called me this morning.
2.   The birthday cake was good at breakfast even though it had to be refrigerated to save it from ants.
3.   I walked up to Linda’s and talked to Jeremy a few minutes.
4.   Penny is still here, and seems to be feeling better.
5.   The world is a beautiful place.

I hope you have enjoyed your Sunday. Get yourself busy and do something creative. Write a poem, a short story, work on the great American (insert other country) novel, paint, draw, or take a photograph.

If you need a prompt, write about your parents. This should give you ample material. My poem today was loosely based on my mother, and you could no doubt come up with a poem. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments so we may enjoy your creation.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here today. I would love to know your thoughts, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: