Saturday, October 06, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 271

This poem arrived instead of a journal entry…

Journal 10-6-20120001

Brief Promise

So precious, but so
Short lived like meadow flowers
Perishing under
The punishing sun when rain
Is withheld from the parched fields.

We are only here
The span of a few quick years
Then we disappear
From life’s monumental stage,
Actors little remembered.

We strive to make lives
Of splendid meaning which are
Worthwhile to others
Who will walk these floors after
We have passed to memory.

Our hours are treasure
We must spend very wisely
Filling each day with
Shining moments that free us
From the trap of the mundane.

We have a purpose
Beyond our simple living,
We are lit within
By the fire of our brightly
Burning creativity.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, October 6, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0507

DSC_0509

DSC_0512

I am grateful:

1.   I caught up a bit of sleep in a nap.
2.   I did not require a prompt to write.
3.   I entered codes to My Coke Rewards.
4.   We have a washing machine and dryer.
5.   The dishwasher saves my hands from dishwater.

I hope you have gotten to relax and enjoy this Saturday. You should take time now, if you have not already done so, to do some creative work. Your imagination is rich with images and sentences no one else can bring to life. I encourage you to share with the world. By so doing you make all of us richer.

My prompt for you today is to write about cooperation. You may approach it as something lacking, something you strive to maintain, or in another way altogether. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you found time to explore my blog. I hope you will share your comments if you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism. Please come visit again, and if you like, subscribe to Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: