Friday, October 19, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 283

Journal entry:

Journal 10-18-20120001

Overwhelming Love

Trouble may rattle
Me for a moment or two
But calm reasserts
Its power over me when
I lean on my Lord Jesus.

I know the storms will
Fade away in God’s presence
Which brightens my days,
My life blossoms in the light
Of His tremendous glory.

I will not be swept
Away by grave disaster,
But will find Christ’s grace
Sufficient to meet my needs
In every situation.

My many worries
Pale in significance when
Bathed in God’s great grace,
His mercy compensates for
My numerous shortcomings.

The Lord Jesus Christ
Fights my various battles
With His tremendous
Strength that overcomes problems
Bringing me His complete peace.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, October 18, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0535

DSC_0538

DSC_0539

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up early this morning and felt great.
2.   Richard called and we discussed the turning of the leaves in the mountains.
3.   Wal-Mart had my cases of Diet Sam’s Cola so I did not have to buy the more expensive Diet Coke.
4.   I bought The Twelve by Justin Cronin at Sam’s Club.
5.   Discover agreed to give me a credit for most of the warranty that Wolf defaulted on because I was persistent.
6.   I was able to talk to my best friend, Reba, this evening.
7.   The mass on Reba’s daughter, Vicki’s liver was not cancerous.
8.   My toe is doing somewhat better.
9.   There is a fresh gallon of milk in the refrigerator.
10.  I have Oreo cookies and Nilla wafers a plenty.

I hope you had a pleasant Thursday. Most of my day turned out well. I had to be a firm and persistent negotiator, but I did not settle for defeat. You should not settle for less than creative productivity. You can make something that positively influences the world. So dedicate yourself to creation. Write, draw, paint, or take a photograph… You have the ability. I believe in your talent.

As a prompt, I would like for you to list at least five things for which you are grateful, then see if you can develop a story, poem, or journal entry from something in the list. If you are a visual artist, create a picture of something that symbolizes gratitude, or a thing for which you are grateful. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you visited my blog. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave me a comment. If you have not already, you might consider following Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: