Sunday, October 07, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 272

I do not understand, but I seem more able to write poems than journal entries…

Journal 10-7-20120001

The following poem was prompted by the wordle at The Sunday Whirl. The words captured there are in italics. If you need a challenge, please visit that site.

Coming At Nightfall

The brittle rustle
Of amber leaves on the breeze
Can gently charm me
Piercing the crust of my tough
Exterior persona.

An unbearable
Fever may explode within
My mind in Autumn
Before Winter sheaths willows
In a stark blanket of snow.

I work at mending
My beautiful patchwork quilts
So they are ready
For the golden lighted nights
Coming at the year’s ebbing.

October’s evenings
Shimmer with large candlelit
Pumpkins carefully
Carved into jack-o-lanterns
To scare away dark shadows.

I love these twilights
When crispness begins filling
The dusky Fall air
Sending away the burning
Heat of long bright Summer days.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, October 7, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0968

DSC_0969

DSC_0970

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up before noon even though I stayed up until 4:00 this morning.
2.   There was enough milk for my Lucky Charms cereal.
3.   Mom suggested we go out for me to take pictures.
4.   We ate at Popeye’s and enjoyed it.
5.   Penny ate well this evening.

I hope your Sunday has been delightful. I have enjoyed most of my day. Now, before you retire for the evening, I encourage you to create something. You are uniquely gifted to bless the world.

As a prompt, write about some constraint placed upon you. This may be self-imposed, made by an authority figure, or something else altogether. Just write… If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit to my home in cyberspace. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave me a comment. You might like to follow Chronicles, if so, use the link above.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: