Tuesday, October 30, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 295

Journal entry:

Journal 10-30-20120001

Today’s poem was prompted by Carry On Tuesday. If you are in need of inspiration, you might like to visit that site.

Beneath The Surface

There is a child in
Every one of us hidden
Beneath the surface
Of our adult bodies and
Very grown up attitudes.

The petulant child
Shows up in temper tantrums,
Childish behavior,
And the unreasonable
Demands we make on others.

The playful child lives
Within forever wistful
Hearts urging us to
Enjoy every moment we
Have to spend upon the Earth.

We do well to pay
Attention to impulses
Of our inner child
For their creativity
And joy brighten up our days.

There is a child in
Every one of us gifted
With the very best
Parts of us, innocence and
Lively imagination,

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0487

DSC_0488

My great niece, Jayden…

DSC_0491

I am grateful:

1.   Alex called this morning.
2.   When I dropped my iPod Touch it did not break.
3.   Mom began to feel better before the day was over.
4.   Mom reminded me to wear a coat when I went out.
5.   Jeremy and Christy were kind enough to let me photograph their jack-o-lanterns.

I had a good Tuesday and hope you did as well. If you have not engaged your creativity during the day, please do so now. There is so much you have to share with the rest of the world.

As a prompt, write about a jack-o-lantern. You might write a poem, story, or journal entry. Even if you are not a fan of Halloween surely you have an opinion about the carved pumpkins. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for taking time out of your busy life to visit my blog. I would love to read your comments. If you enjoyed your time here, please consider subscribing to Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: