Sunday, October 21, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 286

Journal entry:

Journal 10-21-20120001

The Sunday Whirl provided the prompt for the following poem. The words in italics came from the wordle there. You might want to visit that site for inspirations.

Missed Opportunity

I saw your face through
A café window where you
Sought shelter from storm,
You sat beside a green fern
Near a sturdy cabinet.

You ate some peanuts
With everything happening
Round your position,
Your waitress did her tiresome
Job without anyone’s help.

I thought my guide would
Know how to handle problems,
But he occupied
Himself with the soccer score,
I would not recommend him.

I then abandoned
My tour for indoor comfort
Wanting to engage
You in conversation, but
I was too shy to approach.

When you got up to
Leave my tender heart broke in
Pieces, but I was
Too uncertain to delay
Your progress, I let you go.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, October 21, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0006

DSC_0007

DSC_0010

I am grateful:

1.   I decided to stay home today.
2.   I slept in this morning.
3.   I transferred the files I needed from AirSet to my computer.
4.   I worked my way around a problem with InDesign.
5.   I have the beginnings of the October Contest Winners page.

It has been a quiet Sunday for me. I hope you were able to get some rest and relaxation. If you have not already done so, please take a few moments to work creatively. I know it may seem time consuming, but I assure you the effort is worthwhile. No one can produce the work you can and it is a gift to the world.

As a prompt, use the phrase, “ You cannot always have what you want” in a poem, story, or journal entry. There are so many possibilities, just write. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am grateful you took time to visit my blog. I hope you found it enjoyable. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please do leave me a comment. If you like, please follow Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: