Monday, October 01, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 266

Journal entry:

Journal 10-1-20120001

Conservation

If we do not take
Care of our environment
It will not take care
Of us and those who follow
In years we leave behind us.

The Earth is not ours
To abuse, but to nurture
With our gentle care;
God gave us our dominion,
Yet He meant us to be kind.

The many creatures
Depend upon us to keep
Them completely safe
From decimation unleashed
By those with little respect.

It matters what we
Do and how we continue
In relationship
With nature’s diverse bounty,
We must save all that we can.

We thrive when the Earth
Grows abundantly stronger
Under our careful
Tending and we must keep on
Giving our best to our world.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, October 1, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0497

DSC_0498

DSC_0462

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up very well rested this morning.
2.   I was able to straighten out the medication snafu at the pharmacy.
3.   I took Mom for her blood work today.
4.   We had pizza from Papa John’s for supper.
5.   It rained all night and most of the day.

I enjoyed my Monday and I hope you did as well. Take a few minutes to exercise your creativity before you close the books on this day. You have the talent to accomplish anything you desire, if you will only believe in yourself and use your gifts. I have faith in you because if I can do this creativity project you can surely do something similar.

As a prompt, write about conservation. You could write from the view of a creature, or a place, or as an environmentalist. The choice is yours. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I hope you enjoyed the time you spent here, if so, you might want to subscribe to Chronicles. Please leave a comment if you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism. I am anxious to read your comments.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: