Sunday, March 31, 2013

Creativity Project Year Two-Day 82

Journal entry:

Journal 3-31-20130001

DSC_0499

Resurrection

They laid His body,
Lifeless, within the dark tomb,
Shadow fell across
Their souls for they did not know
What miracle awaited.

He had explained to
Them, but they lacked understanding,
Nothing prepared them
For His crucifixion and
Their loss of His leadership.

On the third day they
Found the tomb’s stone rolled away
He was not there, but
Had risen up from the grave,
Conquering death, coming alive.

When Jesus appeared
To them, they were amazed and
Overcome by joy
Here was the Lord who they loved
Resurrected and alive.

Death had lost its hold
And been swallowed up by life
The Eternal One
Christ Jesus had overcome
Sin’s punishment with victory.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, March 31, 2013

DSC_0465

I am grateful:

1.   Jesus is alive.
2.   The new outfit Mom gave me fit well.
3.   Lunch was special because we spent it with friends.
4.   I did not have to cook today.
5.   Mom felt good.

DSC_0453

My Easter has been wonderful, except the unpleasant side effects I am experiencing. I hope your day was glorious, full of joy and blessing. Gather you wits and devote some time to exploring your creativity. If I can write, so can you. You have so much to share with the world.

As a prompt, write about resurrection. You may have questions, your thoughts may differ with mine, but you should be able to examine the topic in a poem, story, or journal entry. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I appreciate you taking the time to read my blog. I hope you will return often, but you might also want to enter your email above and subscribe to Chronicles. I would love to read your thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: