Sunday, May 20, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 132

Journal entry:

Journal 5-20-20120001

Gracious Benevolence

Freshly laundered clothing touches
My skin with the gentle caress
Of a lover who was missing
During the long exhausting day.

I sigh at the sweetness felt when
Freshly laundered clothing touches
My body with the tenderness
I have been seeking all day long.

The enchantment of cleanliness
Spreads its allure over me when
Freshly laundered clothing touches
Me like whispered kisses at night.

I am reminded of other
Nights when I was softly fondled
With heavenly kindness on skin
Freshly laundered clothing touches.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, May 20, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0950

Jo and Ton…

DSC_0951

Ton…

DSC_0952

Ton following Jo…

DSC_0955

Holly bush grown into a sizable tree…

DSC_0956

My Dad’s D-8…

DSC_0959

Jo…

DSC_0957

My Dad’s D-8 overgrown, but not forgotten…

I am grateful:

1.   Mom reminded me to use Deep Woods Off before going for my walk.
2.   Hope was very well behaved while we walked in the pasture.
3.   The horses were down where I was able to see them.
4.   Jeremy bush hogged the property yesterday and told me I could go anywhere on the place I wanted.
5.   I cooked barbecued beef ribs, turnip greens, baby carrots, and stuffing, which were delicious.

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Get out your camera and take some pictures, or write a poem, or draw a picture, or write in your journal. Just do something creative. It will enrich your day and make you smile.

The poem I wrote today is called a Quatern. This form is very fun to work with. You write four, four line stanzas, with eight syllables per line and you repeat one line from the first stanza in each following stanzas. It is not easy, but the reward is well worth the challenge. This is the spotlighted form in Writer’s Digest’s July/August issue. Since it was counted syllables I had to try my hand at it. You might enjoy writing one…

I would love to hear whatever you have to say, so by all means leave me a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: