Saturday, May 26, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 138

A retrospective story start:

Journal 5-26-20120001

The prompt that inspired the above and the poem below was found at Poetry Jam. I have much material on the subject of bullies. Unfortunately, those memories of being victimized have never faded.

Inhumanity

They want to be friends
Now so many years after
The damage was done,
I suppose they believe it
Easy to forgive meanness.

The scars I carry
Are deeper than the surface
Of my tender skin,
The cruel words still remain
Echoing loud inside my mind.

I am a victim
Of their youthful savagery
Even in this time,
The atrocity keeps me
Bound by their brutality.

Maybe they forgot,
But my memory is fresh,
I face it each time
I look into a mirror
And am bedeviled anew.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, May 26, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0991

Ko-Ko…

DSC_0992

Hope…

DSC_0997

Penny…

I am grateful:

1.   I got up early.
2.   Sherry, our groomer, came and sheared our dogs.
3.   I finished reading The Distant Hours by Kate Morton, which was a very entertaining novel.
4.   The green beans we bought recently were surprisingly good.
5.   Hope allowed Sherry to clear out her ears better than usual.

I hope your Saturday has been filled with happiness. Make some time to get creative. You can produce something wonderful if you only make the effort.

Your comments are as always welcome and appreciated.

Always,
Jo Ann

 

No comments: