Thursday, May 31, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 143

Journal entry:

Journal 5-31-20120001

The poem today was inspired by the prompt at Trifecta. You should visit the site if you are in need of inspiration.

My Decline

I decay daily
My lined face falls into ruin,
I am diminished
My appeal fades slow away,
But I am not discouraged.

I still have great worth
Beyond the physical form,
My love increases
As the time quickly passes,
My wisdom grows more astute.

I reach out for new
Experience enriching
My ongoing life,
I build up a treasure trove
Of victory over waste.

Faith continues on
Becoming ever stronger,
Belief becomes more
Easily applied to days
Wherein I grow still older.

Even as decay
Works against my advancing,
I fight on each hour
Moving toward perfection
Furnished by my vibrant soul.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, May 31, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_1030

Mom’s Homebound Buddies, Frances and Wendell, who visit every month or so to bring literature and recordings from our church.

DSC_0001

Me, as I usually am… not as I imagine myself to be…

DSC_0002

Penny cooperating with the camera…

DSC_0003

Ko-Ko and Hope lounging with Mom…

I am grateful:

1.   I woke up from a laughing dream early this morning and chose to stay up.
2.   I took a shower and dressed instead of staying in pajamas.
3.   Wendell and Frances visited.
4.   My daughter-in-law, Laura, called and we had a wonderful conversation that lasted nearly an hour and a half.
5.   I completed my creative work very early.

I hope you are enjoying this last day of May. If you have been following my promptings you should have a store of creative work from this month. Reflect on it today and do something more.

There was an interesting article I read, and I want to pass along the link to you: Ode Magazine. This dealt with the health benefits of writing, and I want you to know that your creative endeavors can have a lasting positive influence on your life. I encourage you to do creative work for your well being and happiness.

I hope you will leave me a comment expressing your thoughts. Your feedback is much appreciated.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: