Sunday, May 27, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 139

Journal entry:

Journal 5-27-20120001

Today’s poem is derived from The Sunday Whirl. I hope maybe you will take time to create something from this wordle.

The Reunion

I scrape off the rough barnacles
That cocoon my flinty tongue,
The words brittle like old chalk
Blur in the austere presence
Of those drenched in the cold hate
Splattered upon me by their slander
Which burnished my youthful days,
And yet I speak soft syllables
Of generous friendliness
Accepting them without regret
Moving beyond the fallen tears.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, May 27, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_1003

A few books for inspiration…

DSC_1004

Hope…

DSC_1005

Mom’s plant I gave her for Mother’s Day…

DSC_1006

Mom, Hope and Ko-Ko…

I am grateful:

1.   Laura and Alex had some time to spend together before his deployment to Afghanistan.
2.   I can rely on God to make life worthwhile.
3.   The internet allows me to stay connected to others for whom I care.
4.   Tomato soup and toasted cheese sandwiches made us a good supper.
5.   Writing is an honest joy.

I hope you are enjoying this Memorial Day weekend, and that you remember why we celebrate. I believe creativity honors our time here, so do something creative today.

If you enjoyed this entry, or have suggestions for improvement, please leave me a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: