Saturday, June 30, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 173

Journal entry, which rambles a bit:

Journal 6-30-20120001

Forward Press

Door does not open
Backward onto those days past,
At least I hope not,
Walk forward into future
Where hope glows forever bright.

Memories may haunt
Our days, but they are dispelled
By the onward march
Of newborn hours that beguile
Us with pleasant smiles we love.

The paths we begin
Are green, verdant, abundant
Filled with the rich scent
Of sweet lavender, roses,
And climbing honeysuckle.

We amuse ourselves
With speculation about
What our days may bring,
But we may never hold back
The oncoming procession.

Time waits for no one…
It extracts its full payment
Claiming the price due
For every moment we spend
No matter what our reward.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, June 30, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0173

DSC_0176

DSC_0177

DSC_0179

I am grateful:

1.   I have learned to be thankful.
2.   I enjoy so many blessings.
3.   God is in Heaven watching over us, each and every one.
4.   I went back to sleep after the telephone woke me this morning.
5.   We have a good fan in addition to the air conditioning.

This is a sweltering Saturday, I hope you are staying cool wherever you are. It is time for you to get your creativity in gear and make something of lasting value. That does not mean it has to be perfect, it just has to be your interpretation of life in this world or the world of your imagination. I know you can create and I urge you to do it. It will help you deal with the disappointments of life and infuse you with hope for the future.

If you need a prompt, think about all the wonders that grace your life, and write about some of them. You could make a rambling journal entry as I did today, or write a poem about something specific. You could simply make a gratitude list, but do something that leads you to reflect on life’s goodness. If you use the prompt, please leave a link in the comments so we can visit your work.

I realize I rambled a bit today, but I hope you found something you enjoyed. Please feel free to leave me any comments or suggestions. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and entering my world.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: