Wednesday, November 07, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 303

Journal entry:

Journal 11-7-20120001

The following poem was prompted by the PAD Challenge at Poetic Asides. If you are in need of inspiration, visit that site.

Continuing Spiral

It is a circle
Moving round and round again
Ever expanding
To include new opinions
Of what democracy is.

There are some constants,
The constitution and rule
Of law continue,
But we the people control
The country ever changing.

We honor the vote
That allows us to express
Our thoughts that circle
Around the center of all
That makes up our government.

Elections hard fought
Show we are diverse people
Circling each other
With different attitudes
Deserving of our respect.

We work together
To make a better future
For everyone who
Lives within our great nation
Now and in the years to come.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0950

DSC_0951

DSC_0952

I am grateful:

1.   I slept well.
2.   I was able to pick up Mom’s prescriptions.
3.   I got a new Sonicare toothbrush, because after ten years mine was worn out.
4.   Hope is much better and has her bark back.
5.   I have faith in God and know he cares for me.

I was busy today, but enjoyed my Wednesday. I hope you had a wonderful day. Take time to work creatively now. You have the ability to make something of lasting beauty. I know you must have much to share with the world.

As a prompt, write about how you feel since the elections are over. You could incorporate this into a poem, story, or journal entry. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you chose to spend some of your precious time reading my blog. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, please leave a comment. I hope you enjoyed your visit, if so please consider following Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: