Friday, November 09, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 304

I wrote two poems today, the first is a late answer to the prompt at Carry On Tuesday. You would do well to visit Keith’s site for inspiration.

Journal 11-8-20120001

This second poem is the first I wrote and answers the prompt at Poetic Asides. If you are not already, you should think of participating in the November PAD Chapbook Challenge.

To Rumi

Which is worth more, a crowd of thousands,
or your own genuine solitude?
Freedom, or power over an entire nation?

I have never once
Held the attention of more
Than a few kind souls,
But I suspect the thousands
Would unnerve me even more.

My solitude is
Precious, I contemplate great
And beautiful things
When I linger in quiet
With just my own company.

I treasure freedom
And shudder at the thought of
Power over an
Entire nation… I could not
Bear responsibility.

The limelight beguiles
Me, fame entices effort,
But the refuge of
Tranquil silence also brings
Its very discreet rewards.

I am a simple
Person relying on God,
Grandeur is too much
For me to worthy carry,
I am better off unsung.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, November 8, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0955

DSC_0956

DSC_0957

I am grateful:

1.   I had chocolate doughnuts for breakfast.
2.   There was clean hot water for my shower.
3.   The day was beautiful.
4.   The Sweetwater Camera Club meeting was well attended.
5.   I had enough money for a Sweetwater Camera Club tee-shirt.

My day was a bit harried, but turned out well. I hope your Thursday was a decent day. Whenever you are reading this, please consider taking time to do some creative work. You have so much to offer the world through your imagination.

As a prompt, write about humility. You could write a poem, story, or journal entry where being humble plays a role. Let your mind lead wherever it will. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am very sorry to get this done so late, but thank you for taking time to read my blog. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave me a comment. Do not forget to follow Chronicles if you would like daily updates.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: