Sunday, November 18, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 313

I wrote two poems for the prompt on Poetic Asides today. If you need inspiration, I think you might find it there.

Journal 11-17-20120001

The following one came first…

How To Write A Poem

You take a few words
Make sure they are the right ones,
Line them up upon
The page according to your
Imagination’s leading.

Set up those words in
Lines that make up your verses,
Add a little rhyme
Or perhaps none at all, you
Choose everything for yourself.

Use metaphor and
Simile to add some spice,
Make your language sing
For your readers enjoyment
And poetic diversion.

Keep working until
You have exactly the words
To communicate
Your message beautifully,
Then let you poem be read.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, November 17, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0992

DSC_0993

DSC_0995

I am grateful:

1.   We have a working heater.
2.   I have a powerful computer.
3.   Linda and Jayden came to visit a few minutes today.
4.   Despite being sick earlier in the day, Mom was able to eat supper.
5.   God made glorious creations of absolute beauty.

I can scarce believe how quickly this month is passing. I hope your Saturday was full of smiles and happiness. To commemorate the day I suggest you do something creative now. I know you have the ability to make something wonderful if you will only do it.

As a prompt, write about how you cope with the end of a relationship. Any relationship will do. Just use your imagination and write a poem, story, or journal entry. Please leave a link to your work in the comments below, if you use the prompt.

I am so glad you chose to spend a few minutes reading my blog. I hope you will follow Chronicles if your experience was pleasant. I know you may have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

 

 

No comments: