Thursday, November 15, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 311

Journal entry:

Journal 11-15-20120001

The following poem is prompted by Poetic Asides. You might want to go visit that site for a bit of inspiration.

Tradeoffs

I do not have much,
I have given up a lot,
My disease hurts me,
But I am very well blessed
Because I am still serving.

I have given up
Many opportunities
Over time’s passage,
But I have gained as many
In the life that is left me.

Life is perfected
On an ongoing basis
Even though I lack
Some ability because
Of my own mental illness.

I could have been great
If not stricken with disease,
But I have learned that
Hardship brings many prospects
And occasions for triumph.

I am fortunate -
God chose me to be special,
Touched by His wonder,
A vessel filled with His grace,
Overwhelmed by His mercy.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, November 15, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0982

DSC_0984

DSC_0985

I am grateful:

1.   I have wonderful books to read.
2.   I was able to call the AARP Nurse-line and get some advice.
3.   Mom felt well enough to get a bath this afternoon.
4.   I am a little less sore.
5.   I have read twenty-eight books so far this year.

It has been a good Thursday for me and I hope it was for you as well. I know the day can be challenging, but I encourage you to take time to engage your imagination and use your creativity. You will accomplish great things if you simply make the effort.

As a prompt, use some or all of the following words in a poem, story, journal entry, or other creative writing: reading, investment, time, factual, fascinate, intense, condition, immediately, helped, strong, appointment, and primary. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so grateful you took time to visit my blog. I hope your time here has been pleasant. Should you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave me a comment. If you would like, please follow Chronicles for daily updates.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: