Tuesday, November 20, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 316

Journal entry:

Journal 11-20-20120001

Today’s poem answers the prompts from Poetic Asides and Carry On Tuesday. Either of these sites might give you writing fodder, or you could combine the two as I did.

Imagine Gathering More

Imagine there was
A gathering of the saints
Who have gone before
To advise you in daily
Endeavors and teach kindness.

Imagine you were
To allow your wayward heart
To open wide and
Facilitate gathering
Help for those less fortunate.

Imagine you set
Aside your own selfish goals
To be a blessing
To a bigger gathering
Of friends and acquaintances.

Imagine going
Out of your way to reach more
Of the gathering
Poor who need benevolence
From you and many others.

Imagine God and
His angels are gathering
Round urging you to
Be so much more than ever
You have dreamed or imagined.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0002

DSC_0004

DSC_0006

I am grateful:

1.   I still have time to pay the bills this month.
2.   Jeremy invited us to Thanksgiving dinner.
3.   Sam’s Club Pharmacy exchanged a $214.00 prescription for a $98.00 one.
4.   I was able to get a pecan pie and lemon meringue pie.
5.   I wrote a poem despite being unable to think of anything to write upon first seeing the prompt.

Tuesday is a good day to try to get affairs in order when there is a holiday later in the week. I hope your day was rewarding. Now that you are relaxing, it is time you turn your hand to creating something. I know you may feel you cannot do it, but I have faith in your ability. Just make the effort and you may surprise yourself.

As a prompt, write about your Thanksgiving plans. You might do a journal entry as I did, or you might be inspired to write a story or poem that describes what you will be doing. Just write. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I am so glad you visited my blog, please come back again. If you would like updates in your inbox, follow Chronicles. Your input is valuable so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

 

No comments: