Monday, November 12, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 308

Journal entry:

Journal 11-12-20120001

The following poem is in answer to today’s prompt at Poetic Asides. Please visit that site if you need a shot of inspiration.

Perfect Helper

Being a writer,
I need a device that will
Write down what I say
While I am driving, walking,
Or thinking in the shower.

A device that can
Correct my grammar from speech,
That makes great copy
Which is perfect even though
I may make many mistakes.

A device that is
A competent editor
Keeping my meaning,
But fixing my syntax while
Writing my composition.

I need a device
That can go anywhere with
Me and listen to
Ideas with rapt attention,
That is my writerly dream.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, November 12, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0014

DSC_0026

DSC_0027

I am grateful:

1.   I was able to get an appointment for Mom today.
2.   I did not break anything when I fell.
3.   Linda went to the appointment with us.
4.   We had Peppermint Chocolate shakes from Chick-Fil-A.
5.   Mom is feeling slightly better this evening.

This was a difficult Monday, but it worked out well. I hope your day was good. Take time to do something creative before you retire this evening.

As a prompt, write about something that hurt you. This might be a physical experience or something verbal… Just write freely and see where it leads you. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you for reading my blog. I am so glad you shared your time with me. If you have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism, please leave me a comment. Maybe you would like to follow Chronicles, and get it in your inbox each day.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: