Sunday, November 11, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 307

Journal entry:

Journal 11-11-20120001

My poem today is in answer to the prompts at Poetic Asides and The Sunday Whirl. The words in italics come from the wordle. All errors are my own. If you would like inspiration I suggest you visit these wonderful sites.

Veteran Warrior

The days are rocky
Although he can never brook
The evil brought on
By the phantom beliefs held
In hearts on the other side.

Life is sometimes dry
And hollow beyond these walls
Where leaping into
New foxholes is not allowed
And birds sing sweet in the wood.

The bombs do not drop
Round him anymore, but he
Screams at the sound of
A basketball dribbled when
He is in a fitful sleep.

He tries to fit in,
But his family knows it
Is not happiness
Always even though they try
To make him comfortable.

He is at peace now,
Or he is supposed to be,
But the war does not
End just because the battle
Is finally over there.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, November 11, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0624

DSC_0625

DSC_0627

I am grateful:

1.   Our veterans and currently active military chose to serve.
2.   Mom ate a bit better today.
3.   My Aunt Betty called.
4.   My nephew, Jeremy, came by briefly.
5.   Mom slept well last night.

I woke up at a few minutes after 6:00 this morning. My alarm was set for 8:30, but I decided to get up anyway. The day has been rewarding. I hope your Sunday has brought you much needed rest and relaxation. Now I urge you to rally yourself and use your creativity to make something that will positively influence the world. You have the seeds of greatness within you, just allow them to flower in imaginative creation.

As a prompt, write about what veterans mean to you. Surely you have some opinion, express it. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

I appreciate your visit to my blog. If you enjoyed what you found here, please consider following Chronicles. I know you may have thoughts, suggestions, or criticism to share with me, so please leave a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: