Monday, November 26, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 322

Journal entry:

Journal 11-26-20120001

Today’s poem answers the prompt at Poetic Asides. If you need something to get you writing, visit that site.

Books

There are shelves crammed full,
Leaning stacks threatening to
Topple over here,
There must be thousands of them,
Still I want to acquire more.

Reading is a love
Of mine easily fulfilled,
But there is little
Reason to collect all these,
It seems such an obsession.

The library used
To be my favorite place,
I carted thousands
Back and forth, but decided
I should try reading my own.

Now I search among
The many volumes living
Here to find the one
Suitable to fit my mood
Cracking open the covers.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Monday, November 26, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0027

DSC_0030

DSC_0029

I am grateful:

1.   I was able to get an appointment today.
2.   I took a book, so I was not bored while waiting.
3.   I put my contacts back in.
4.   Doctor Desai decided I needed a shot to get better.
5.   I was able to get eight books for $25.00.

I hope your Monday was a nice day. I am very grateful that I was able to get medical attention since I was growing sicker. Take time to create something before you complete your day. It will add a rich finishing touch to your accomplishments.

As a prompt, write about your relationship to books. I know most people who write are consumed by books, so are you? If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments below.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I would love it if you left your thoughts, suggestions, or criticism in the comments. If you enjoyed your visit here, please consider following Chronicles.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: