Thursday, April 26, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 108

Journal entry:

Journal 4-26-20120001

April Poem A Day Challenge, poem twenty-six:

Hope

I was so lonely,
My son was gone far away,
Sadness dogged my days;
Then one Sunday after church
My life was drastically changed.

Wal-Mart’s parking lot
Held the sweet surprise needed
To bring me bright smiles;
Shih Tzu puppies were on sale
And one captured my whole heart.

Mom and I went in
The store to shop, but I was
Caught in intense thought;
I decided I could not
Quite afford a puppy dog.

When we went outside
Mom suggested that I should
Get the little pup;
She convinced me it was right
So I bought the pretty girl.

On the way back home
We discussed giving her an
Appropriate name;
Mom suggested Hope because
She would need it to survive.

Hope became her name
And every day she has brought
Brightness to my life;
She is my sweet companion
Bringing me great happiness.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, April 26, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0729

Hope…

DSC_0732

Hope lounging on the table… Ah, yeah, I know dogs don’t belong on tables, but she is so cute.

I am grateful:

1.   I am taking Mom to the doctor tomorrow.
2.   I have the honor of working with one of my friends on his manuscript.
3.   My dog, Hope, is such a blessing to me.
4.   Mom enjoyed the supper I cooked.
5.   The April Platform Challenge for today is easily done.

I hope you have had a good Thursday. If you can do something creative now. Every day you should exercise your talents.

I hope you enjoy my blog. If so, please subscribe or come back often and by all means leave me a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: