Sunday, April 01, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 83

Journal entry:

Journal 4-1-20120001

My poem for today:

Fitful Communication

Weeks go by with no word,
But I know he is there
On his side of the world
Doing his best without complaint.

We are connected despite
The distance separating us.
The internet gives a way
To share our little triumphs.

He says he is almost twenty four,
He has a wife, and things are
Different now, but I am still
His mother, loving him completely.

He is busy, tired, overworked,
I am available, willing, ready,
Whenever he can make the time
For us to share communication.

A few moments of messaging
With him multi-tasking makes
My day worthwhile because
More than anything, I love him.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, April 1, 2012

Photographs:

Alex Hanging Off Caboose0001

Alex hanging off caboose several years ago…

Alex and Laura Wedding Day0001

Alex and Laura on their wedding day, July 2, 2011.

I am grateful:

1.   Alex and I instant messaged and I found out he is doing well.
2.   We have some meals that are quickly prepared.
3.   The April PAD Challenge gave me a prompt for my poem.
4.   Alex is in college again.
5.   I am finishing this post earlier than usual.

I hope you have had a relaxing Sunday. Join me in doing something creative today.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: