Saturday, April 14, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 96

Journal entry:

Journal 4-14-20120001

April Poem A Day Challenge, poem fourteen:

Civilization’s End

It will not end in
Ice, but fire, the prophets say.
Yet, I think it ends
When good people look away
From the needs of their fellows.

An explosion may
Cause huge destruction and death.
That is a symptom
Of the ongoing malaise
Threatening due to neglect.

Our population
Will not survive and flourish
Without care given
To those unfortunates who
Live in abject poverty.

We must attempt to
Bring the poor more financial
Freedom expecting
Wealth to bring some lasting peace
And somewhat less jealousy.

If not we risk the
End of civilization
Bought by ignorance,
Fires of hate glow ever bright
Against inequality.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Saturday, April 14, 2012
.

Photographs;

DSC_0663

Bunny I gave Mom for Easter…

DSC_0664

Bear in lamb suit…

DSC_0665

One of Mom’s cups…

DSC_0666

Forever friends…

I am grateful:

1.   I set my alarm and got up this morning.
2.   I was able to wash clothes.
3.   Mom is feeling a little better, although she is still weak.
4.   I enjoyed the soup I had for supper.
5.   Carrie Leigh gives me good advice at times.

I hope you have enjoyed your Saturday. If you would like try a tanka as something creative.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: