Sunday, June 03, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 146

Journal entry:

Journal 6-3-20120001

Today’s poetry prompt comes from The Sunday Whirl. I went in a very unexpected direction after looking at the words given, but I hope you will like the poem.

Depths and Heights

They beat Him until
His back split open under
The lash’s harsh edge
They made His skin darkly bruise,
He did not crumple or crouch.
They all burst into
Laughter at His suffering
And tried to draw Him
Into answering with guilt,
But there was none within Him.

On Golgotha’s hill
The nails pierce His tender skin,
They chisel a hole
And drop His cross with a crash
Hanging Him under Heaven.

The sun’s glow sudden
Hides from such an awful scene
Where the Son of God
Deserted to horrible
Torture surrenders to death.

The story does not
In such tragedy then end
For Christ rose from death,
He now reigns with the Father
And He is coming again.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Sunday, June 3, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0012

My sweet baby girl, Hope…

DSC_0013

14 year old, Penny…

DSC_0014

What a face… Ko-Ko…

DSC_0015

Another shot of my Hope…

I am grateful:

1.   I was able to sleep in.
2.   Our dogs are so sweet and companionable.
3.   I paid my insurance this morning.
4.   I have a powerful computer.
5.   Mom feels well today.

I hope you have enjoyed a relaxing Sunday. If you would like, follow the link to The Sunday Whirl and use those words to write your own poem or short story. If that does not appeal, write a five item thankful list and build a poem around it. Of course, anything else you want to do that is creative would be good.

Leave a comment if something touched your heart or mind or if you have advice for me.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: