Wednesday, June 20, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 163

Journal entry:

Journal 6-20-20120001

My poem today is in answer to the prompt at Poetic Asides. I think I may have taken it in a totally different direction than was intended, but I went where the words led me. If you need inspiration, please visit that site, and see where the prompt leads you.

Straight Line, Right Angle

My life is not one
Straight line engraved across time;
It wobbles and curves
Shifting with necessity
Between each destination.

My days lead me forth
From person to person on
Interesting paths;
Painting my story in bright
Colors that bloom before me.

Incidents happen
That cast me about without
Care for my being;
Like a boat caught in a storm
Which tests determination.

The days are crafted
With exquisite pieces drawn
From many places;
Abounding in such phrases
As answer many questions.

My life is not made
Of one straight line, but wanders
Like a pencil held
In the hand of an artist;
Drawing beauty from nothing.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0098

DSC_0099

DSC_0101

DSC_0102

I am grateful:

1.   There is a trace of God’s great creativity in all of us.
2.   The call to write has been present throughout my life.
3.   Some believe my writing inspirational.
4.   Talent can be nurtured into greatness.
5.   I am capable of learning and growing in skill.

Wednesday has come again, I hope it has found you well. If you have not already created something, do it now. The moment will escape you if you fail to capture it some way.

My prompt for you today is to write about your process of writing: The what, when, how, why, and where of your writing. Approach it any way that ignites your imagination. I think you will find an endless supply of words on the subject. If you use this prompt leave a link to your work in the comments so I and others can read what you created.

I love comments, they help me know what I am doing right and where I need improvement. Please leave yours below.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: