Wednesday, June 13, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 156

Journal entry:

Journal 6-13-20120001

Grace

You are a bright light
In the firmament of life
Shining out over
Those you connect with during
The restless hours of your day.

Use kind words to voice
Your hearty encouragement,
Nourishing others
Who may be losing their way
In the trials of their rough days.

You have the power
To decorate other lives
With lasting beauty
Through your use of cheerful praise,
Bringing sweet inspiration.

Be reassuring,
Be a real positive force,
Lend your full support
To the people who come in
Contact with you every day.

You are commissioned
By the Creator to be
An agent of good
Bringing happiness and joy
To fellow inhabitants.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0072

My counselor years ago gave me this before she left the area…

DSC_0073

My daughter-in-law, Laura, gave this to my Mom…

I am grateful:

1.   My Mom is here with me.
2.   My dog, Hope, is a calming influence.
3.   I am able to think, write, and create.
4.   The air conditioner works.
5.   We have a well that supplies us with good water.

I hope your Wednesday has been full of pleasantness. Make time to do something creative, no matter how simple. Write down your thoughts about the day, snap a picture of something that delights you, or write a poem that expresses positive energy. You do not have to do any of these perfectly, just make an effort.

Today there was no prompt on the site where I usually get inspiration on Wednesday, so I had to write my poem on my own. In case you are floundering for a subject to write about, try a poem or story about grace. You can approach it from any number of directions. I would love to see what you create, so if you use my prompt, please leave your link in the comments so I can read your musings.

If you have comments or suggestions, leave them below.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: