Tuesday, June 05, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 148

Journal entry:

Journal 6-5-20120001

Today’s poetry prompt comes from Carry On Tuesday. I hope you will visit there if you need a bit of inspiration.

Not Only In Our Dreams

Our abilities,
Are hidden from outside sight
Most buried beneath
Competent layers, allowed
Free reign only in our dreams.

We strive to present
Such a pleasant appearance,
But we know ourselves
Less organized than surface
Characteristics portray.

Creativity
Runs deep within our life blood,
Nourishing our hearts,
Enlivening our busy
Moments with great excitement.

We are the writers,
The unknown starving artists,
Who work behind scenes
Little recognized beyond
Our own small circle of friends.

We can accomplish
Outstanding feats of daring
If we earnest try
To utilize our talents
More than only in our dreams.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0019

Purple beauties…

DSC_0020

Bud…

DSC_0023

Bloom…

DSC_0025

Dandelion…

DSC_0026

Wisteria…

DSC_0027

Weed…

DSC_0028

Day Lily…

I am grateful:

1.   I stayed up after a junk phone call woke me up.
2.   I was able to ease my mind about my annual review.
3.   Pizza was good for lunch.
4.   I finished my notebook.
5.   My printer has lasted longer than I expected.

I hope your Tuesday has gone well. There is plenty of time for you to create something beautiful. Write, draw, photograph, paint, carve, craft, or cook, just make a wonderful contribution to the world today.

Please leave a comment so I will know your thoughts.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: