Thursday, June 21, 2012

365 Creativity Project-Day 164

Journal entry:

Journal 6-21-20120001

The prompt that encouraged today’s poem can be found at Trifecta. You might visit that site if you need a topic to inspire you.

Genuine Freedom

I am not now blue,
Melancholy does not cling
Tight upon my breast,
Though I have every excuse
To visit deep depression.

No, I made a choice
To make the best of these days,
Picking happiness
Over darker blue feelings;
I am not so much lonely.

I have found my own
Company very pleasant,
Little argument
Happens between me, myself,
And I; there is blissful peace.

Low spirits do not
Dog me, dragging me down to
Roll around in waste;
I have overcome sadness
And risen above the muck.

These days may not be
Perfect, but neither are they
The worst I have seen,
So I continually
Rejoice in my liberty.

Jo Ann J. A. Jordan
Thursday, June 21, 2012

Photographs:

DSC_0100

DSC_0103

DSC_0104

DSC_0106

DSC_0107

I am grateful:

1.   I have friends who encourage me.
2.   My Mom believes in me.
3.   I have a wonderful companion in my dog, Hope.
4.   Success is more than just what the world sees in me.
5.   God is in control, and it is not all left up to me.

I hope your Thursday has gone exceedingly well. Did you do something that nourished your soul and exercised your creativity yet? If not, I urge you to do it now. The hours are slipping away and you can never retrieve them. Make something to commemorate this day of your life, for your life is a great treasure. You are a gift that has never before and will never again grace the Earth. God created you for greatness, if only in the lives of those who are close to you. You are significant.

If you need a prompt today, write about your fears. This subject can shake up your life and make you aware of areas in which you need improvement. It can be a revelation if you bury your fear deeply. If you use this prompt, please leave a link to your work in the comments so I and others may visit your work.

I hope something in this entry touched you. If so, please leave me a comment.

Always,
Jo Ann

No comments: